There are a lot of messaging platforms available out there in the market and people use them according to their preferences. The question arises how you can decide which will be the best platform for you. Text messaging has become old-fashioned after the world was introduced with social media platforms providing messaging services. People from all over the world are using Facebook messenger app, Instagram, WhatsApp messaging platform, and Telegram as these social media messaging services. But there has been an increase in the usage of the Kik app due to the app being different from other messaging apps. The social media apps popular in the world all provide the same traditional e text messaging services but Kik is a little different from these apps. You may be using WhatsApp, Snapchat or messenger app for texting and connecting to your friends and family members but Kik app will provide you a different user-experience due to its outstanding features. Kik messenger app is designed in a way to copy the features, interface, and functioning of a smartphone SMS text messaging service. Moreover, people are using the Kik messenger app for their PCs and laptops as well after the company provided the users with an option to download the app through various Android emulator software. Here we will be discussing some important features of this app and how to use Kik for PC as well as other details of this app.
Introduction to the Kik app :
This messenger app is referred to be an instant messaging platform and is operated by a Canadian company ‘Kik Interactive’ which was launched back in October 2010. The app was created by two students from the University of Waterloo who came with the idea to engineer an app that might be able to neutralize the most obstacles associated with modern-world communication. Since the release of the Kik app, it has been growing in the world at a constant pace. The app is fairly famous among users from the United States of America and is gaining users from all over the world. The messaging app provides a lot of features for its users and enables them to chat with other people and share media content through the app over the internet. This messaging app will use your smartphone’s mobile data connection or WiFi to help you share and receive text messages, images, videos, graphics, and emoticons as well as other content.
You can connect with other users of this platform by searching for a specific username, scanning a Kik code, or you can search for your friend’s account on this app by entering his/her mobile phone number if your friend provided the phone number details while filling the Kik login form.
The popularity of this app depends on the fact that it preserves your privacy by providing you the option to sign up without providing your phone number details. The app is used by over 240 million people from all over the world and 40% of these people are teenagers from the United States of America. You can use the kik app for your iOS and Android devices free of cost and the good news is you can use Kik for PC free of cost too. You just need to download the app on your respective device and sign up for a Kik login account, then you will be able to use this fabulous messaging service app for free. You can freely communicate with other users of this app without any limitation on text count as the platform does not restrict the number of messages sent in a day.
Methods to Download Kik for PC :
It is described above that you can use the Kik app for iOS, Android, and Windows operating systems but the question remains how a person can use the this app for PC. There are three methods to download Kik for PC. The first method is to use an android emulator, secondly, you can use the chrome extension method and if you don’t want to download anything, you can always use the Kik online login method. Now, we will discuss these three methods in detail to download this app on your PC.
Download Kik by Android Emulator method :
Follow the steps given below to use Kik for your personal computer by using the Android emulator method.
Step 1: You need to find a good android emulator for this purpose and download the emulator.
Step 2: When you have downloaded it, run the emulator on your PC and it may change the appearance of your desktop converting the Windows environment of your PC to Android.
Step 3: You will see a ‘Google Play’ icon on your desktop screen, tap on it and use your Gmail account to synchronize data.
Step 4: After completing this step, type Kik Messenger on the search bar and download the app. After downloading the app, double-click on it and fill your details in the Kik login form. After completing these steps successfully, you will be able to use the Kik messenger app on your PC and communicate with other users freely.
Download Kik Using the Google Chrome Extension:
Google Chrome Extension is available on Google Chrome browser and to use Kik by this method you need to follow the following steps:
Step 1: Search for the extension for the Kik messenger app on your Google Chrome browser and open it.
Step 2: After opening the results, click on the first result and a new tab will be opened on your Google Chrome browser.
Step 3: You will see an option to add the Kik app extension to your browser, click on this option and the app will be downloaded on your PC.
Step 4: Open the app and sign up or if you already have an account, then log in with your username and password and you will now be able to use the Kik app on your PC.
Kik online login method without downloading the Kik app :
Downloading an Android emulator may sometimes contain viruses and harm your PC or it may be time consuming. To solve this problem you use Kik online login method which saves from downloading any of these harmful Android emulators. There are other emulators available that do not require you to download the app itself and you can use it online instead. We will be discussing how to use this messenger app in the following steps.
Step 1: Go to the official website of the said android emulator which you want to use for accessing the Kik app online on your PC and download it.
Step 2: sign up with a new account on the android emulator and log in with your account details.
Step 3: Launch the downloaded android emulator and search for Kik messenger and use it online for free.
Kik Features whether you use Kik for PC or smartphone :
Kik messaging app comes with a lot of exceptional features and of course, Kik for PC also has these features. Some of the exceptional features of the Kik app are listed below.
- Protects privacy: It is no doubt that a user is most concerned about privacy and safety while using a social media platform. No matter, you are using Kik for PC or your smartphone, it protects your privacy by keeping you anonymous. You can also change your username or block other users if you find them disturbing.
- User-Friendly: The Kik platform provides you a user-friendly interface and there is no need to read long tutorials before using this social media messaging app. You don’t even need to ask your friends or family members how to use the Kik messenger app. Just download the app and you will be easily able to understand how this app works.
- History feature: You can retrieve your older conversations by using the history feature of this app. If you have lost an important conversation and you cannot find it in the chat window, you can retrieve that conversation with the help of this feature. It is a great reason for you to use the Kik app instead of other messaging apps.
- Pick up the chat from where you left: The app allows you to continue your chat from where you left by keeping the chats saved and you don’t need to worry about your previous conversations while using this app.
- Customization: Kik was the first messaging app to provide the customization features allowing its users to change the look of the interface of this app. The app provides different chat themes from where you can select a theme according to your liking and change the chat page. There is also an option available to set the notification ringtones separately for each of your contacts on the Kik This feature is useful when you want to give one of your contacts priority over the other contacts by assigning a specific notification ringtone to that contact. You can customize your profile picture and other information being shown to other users over the platform. There is also an option available in this app to hide you from being searched by the phone number details.
- Groups: You can also create a group on this app and add your contacts in that group to have a group chat. But if you don’t want to create a group of your contacts on this app, you can always join other groups over the Kik platform according to your interest by requesting the group admins to add you to their groups.
- Video calling: Just like some of the famous chatting apps, Kik also provides you the option to video call your contacts. It will eliminate the need of downloading WhatsApp, Skype, or Facetime if you don’t want to download any of these apps. Moreover, the video calling experience on this app is great.
- Live typing and notifications: The app will send you pop-up notifications whenever a message is sent or received. The live notification feature allows you to check whether the person you are chatting with is typing a reply or not and the app also provides you the delivery status of your messages.
- Invitations: The invitation feature of the Kik messenger app provides you the option to invite your friends and family members to Kik messenger app via SMS, email, WhatsApp, Facebook, or Twitter, etc. If a person accepts your invitation and installs the app after downloading it, you will receive a notification from the app’s servers. For this purpose, the app’s servers read the contacts in your device and check whether the phone number or email address of the person you invited is saved on your device or not.
- The Multimedia exchange over the app: The app does not only provide you the option to send and receive text messages just like an ordinary SMS app. It gives you the opportunity to send and receive multimedia messages such as photos, videos, sketches, doodles, emojis, and there is much more in the Kik messenger app. You need to select the specific option for the specific media content and select the content you want to share. You can also click photos before sending them within the app with the integrated camera option available in this app.
- Conversations list: Kik messenger app provides you a list of all your chats by listing them together. You can scroll between these chats if the quantity of the contacts you had a chat with is higher to fit in a single screen. A chat entry will be generated in the conversations list once you have texted a person. It will help you to directly reach that contact next time when you want to communicate with them without having to again search for that contact. You will just need to tap on the contact name to begin a conversation after the entry is generated in the chat list.
- Promoted conversations: Promoted chats feature interestingly display you a list of interesting chats and you can also be a part of those interesting chats. This option will pop up on your phone screen when you will tap on the search icon to add new contacts to your Kik The Kik app will show you a number of interesting chats when you will tap on this option. These chats may be related to the common discussion on any interesting or a general topic.
- Kik browser: A little globe icon is present on the bottom of a conversation tab within the Kik messenger app. Tapping on this globe icon will open the Kik browser for you within the app without having you to open another browser. The Kik browser provides the users with the ability to access funny web-pages where you can also meet new people and make new friends. You can play games and surf the internet using the Kik The Kik browser also gives you the option to share links to any content with your contacts within the Kik messenger app.
- QR Code: The Kik messenger app assigns every Kik app user with a distinct KIK QR code. You can access your KIK QR code from the settings. If you want to add a user by using his/her KIK QR code, first tap on the search icon and then find people, now you will see an option ‘scan a KIK Code’. Tap on this option and scan the KIK QR code of the person you want to add. This feature needs access to your phone’s camera.
Finding Kik users to chat with using the Kik app :
After you have successfully installed the Kik Messenger app on your PC or smartphone, you can communicate with your friends now. Use the following instructions to find people on Kik messenger app to chat with.
- You will see an option ‘Find A Group’ at the center of your phone screen on the app’s interface. Tap on this option and then you will be able to search for group chats according to your interest. Tap on the group name displayed in the results and then you just need to tap on ‘Join Public Group’ to be added in a public group chat.
- If you want to search for a specific user on this app, you can do so by tapping on the ‘+’ sign present at the bottom-right corner of your phone screen. Tap on ‘Find People’ after this step and search for that specific user by his/her name or username.
Who uses this messaging service app ?
This app is loved by teenagers and young adults from all over the world due to its user-friendly and functional interface. The app makes it easy for users to have conversations about anything by providing an instant text message app experience. The app is commonly referred to as a friendship or dating platform as it is mostly used by young people and helps the users to meet new people via its platform. But this app is different from other dating apps such as Tinder or OkCupid etcetera as it has some limitations considering the users to add every user manually by using the usernames.Learn How To Delete kik Account
From the above discussions about how to use the Kik app for your PC and the features of this app, we can surely say that it is one of the best instant messenger apps for you and your friends. The unique features of the Kik app and providing its users the ability to stay anonymous make it one of the best texting service provider app.